Adams Naut 40
Spectacular turnkey true blue-water yacht built by shipwright owner in bullet proof, round bilge steel with no rust anywhere.
Excellent craftsmanship inside matches the build quality outside. Lovely roomy saloon and galley, classic Pullman double bed forward and 2 double aft quarter + 1 single. Full 6”1’ head height.
She has proved herself on a 3 year cruise of SE Asia via Indian Ocean. The previous owner’s experience in livability and steel vessel maintenance is evident throughout:
- Deck fittings mounted on stainless pads welded to deck to minimize rust (toe rail cap, sheet tracks, etc.)
- Solid spray dodger
- GRP skin in anchor locker to isolate chain anchor from hull
- Deck rain catchment ability for 4 under-sole water tanks
- Lugs welded forward of dodger to fit deck storage bins/tie downs/etc.
- Staysail boom doubles as foredeck dinghy hoist davit
- Over-engineered build quality with new standing rigging Nov 2018
- Energy-free Aries windvane steering
- Removable inner forestay for staysail
- Ergonomic cockpit - comfortably spacious yet secure with harness points
- Flush deck design gives deck space above and comfortable full-beam 6’1 saloon below
- Abundance of high-quality, sealing hatches for good airflow at anchor and water tightness at sea
- Storage required for long term live-aboard.
With total self-sufficiency as a permanent, off-grid live-aboard vessel, and build quality to comfortably and safely go blue water, this vessel will take you across the bay or around the world, tropical or high-latitude expeditions.
Recently surveyed, re-rigged and set up for Tasman trip. Seriously on the market. Ready to go. Your opportunity to pick up a real bargain.
|Builder:||Geoff Haig + Don Goldsmith|
|Length:||41′ 6″ (12.64m)|
|Keel/Ballast:||3/4 Lead Ballast Keel|
|Engine:||Single 50 HP Diesel engine|
|Engine Hours:||800 hours|
|Fuel Consumption:||1.3 - 3 Lph|
|Max Speed:||8 Knots|
|Cruise Speed:||6 Knots|
|Fuel Capacity:||700 Litres|
|WaterCapacity:||900 Litres in 4 x Stainless Tanks under cabin sole|
|Galley:||LAYOUT: Safe, U-Shaped galley with filtered pressure water, Double sink and gas oven, griller and stove.
STORAGE: Abundant storage in lockers and cupboards under counter and outboard.
|Stove:||Gas 2-Burner with oven and grill|
|Hot Water System:||AC & Engine calorifyer|
|Accommodation:||SALOON: Very large and comfortable U-Shaped dining area to port with straight settee to starboard and abundant storage.
HEADROOM: 6' 1"
|Cabins:||Pullman double forward, Double aft quarter berth, single aft pullman quarter berth, all with abundant storage.|
|Toilet:||Electric plus Holding Tank|
|Dinghy:||1 x Tender|
|Ground Tackle:||ANCHOR WINCH: 12V
ANCHOR: 2 x CQR Type, 1 x Danforth
CHAIN: 90 m x 10 mm
|Electrics:||LIGHTING: 12V LED
BATTERIES: 4 x Deep Cycle 6V + Starter
SOLAR PANELS: 2 x 80W Sharp Bep Regulator
WIND GENERATOR: Airex Windgen
AUTO PILOT: Coursemaster CM85T
RADIOS: ICOM VHF & Yaesu HF
|Sail Inventory:||1 x Main / Genoa, No. 2, Yankee on profurl furler, Hank-on stay sail, Hank-on storm sail, Tri sail on mast slides, Spinnaker|
|Mast/Rigging:||RIG TYPE: Stainless Wire
RIG AGE: November 2018
LAZY JACKS: Yes
|Deck Gear:||Aires windvane, boarding ladder, dinghy chocks on foredeck, all deck fittings on stainless pads, 9 stainless threaded stubs to attach deck storage, Arco winches.|